Time’s up: Regina is back and once again finds herself in a tragic new situation. She may finally be un-cursed, but no one else, least of which Henry, can be let in on the truth, otherwise there will be tragic consequences. (What, we don’t know. But we’re guessing, based on Regina’s expression, that it wouldn’t be good news). Plus, what part will Rumple play? This episode also allowed us to travel back to the Enchanted Forest and learn that Regina was a mentor to Ivy, which sparked a series of events that (presumably) led to the present-day cursed Hyperion Heights. Season 7 is finally shaping up with some extra intrigue and mystery, thanks to this strong OUAT television episode.
Once Upon a Time revisited the fact that Charming and Snow share a heart, and who better to use it against them than the Evil Queen? This week on the podcast we talk about that diabolical plot twist along with a beautiful Snow and Charming backstory that reminded us that they are the ultimate television True Love couple. Plus, Gold and Queen finally get down to business (and the fandom collectively cringes), we break down Regina’s meek new personality, and let’s talk about Zelena’s envy and Gold’s conversation with Belle.
In which the Evil Queen roams around and conducts psychological warfare on the townspeople, including Regina. What else is new? Let’s talk about where season 6 is going so far and theorize a little bit about that mysterious hooded figure, the spoilery news about an upcoming arc, and the biggest mystery of the season: whether the Evil Queen will manage to flirt with everyone in Storybrooke before the season is over. Oh, and where is Belle living, anyways?
Our second shipping expedition takes us to the story of a thief with a heart of gold and reformed Evil Queen: it’s Outlaw Queen week on Once Upon a Podcast! For the next in our series of episodes discussing the ships of Once Upon a Time, we are focusing on everything related to Robin Hood and Regina. From our top Outlaw Queen moments, quotes and theories, to whether we need to see Robin’s history, and, yes, vaults, we cover this ship from all angles. Plus, your letters about your favorite ships.
As a bonus, we are also chatting about Star Wars: The Force Awakens (including a couple of Once Upon a Time parallels) at the end of the show. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! Please don’t listen to this segment unless you’ve seen the movie (which you definitely should)!
- Welcome to our next podcast episode of the hiatus
- Our Outlaw Queen Top 5s
- Listener Letters
- News about season 5B
- Star Wars The Force Awakens: our reaction to the biggest movie of the year, including a few Once Upon a Time parallels. Please don’t listen if you haven’t seen this movie yet, there are major spoilers (starts at 1:20:40)!
We will see you again in two weeks to sail on our next ship… who will it be?
-Amanda and Brittany
Like mother, like daughter, right? Well, maybe not. Thanks to this week’s Once Upon a Time we explore the themes of motherhood. First, another Queen of Darkness got her happy ending when Maleficent and Lily reunited. Snow and Emma mended ways (although the timing of this worries us.) And of course, the always-spectacular Cora returns in a flashback to show us more of her tenuous relationship with Regina, once again pushing Regina into her self-destructive habits. Then there’s Zelena, the Author and a barbecued date in the dungeon: so much in this episode, so let’s get started!
- Welcome to episode 70
- Top 5s
- The lighter side & listener letters
- Only one more “Twice Upon a Podcast” left (join us Thursday) and then it’s FINALE time on Sunday.
Thanks for listening and brace yourselves for that finale!
– Amanda and Brittany
This week we are joined by guest Jakie who helps us pass the hiatus by grading the progress that Regina, Snow, Emma and Rumplestiltskin have made since season 1! Who will pass and who will fail? Then, we look over some news about the Queens of Darkness. And if you have time while listening to this massive episode, don’t forget to head over to the Podcast Awards and nominate Once Upon a Podcast for an award in the Entertainment category!
- We welcome Jakie to help us grade the progress of some Once Upon a Time characters
- A few listener tweets plus the latest news including details about Cruella, Ursula and Maleficent
- Some randomness to wrap up the episode!
We’ll see you back here in February for a Valentine’s Day themed episode about our favorite fictional couples in pop culture. There are only 2 more episodes before we get back to business with Once Upon a Time season 4B!
Amanda and Brittany
This penultimate episode of Once Upon a Time season 4A had a bittersweet (and Titanic-esque) goodbye to the amazing Snow Queen, which means we also had to say a sad farewell to the fantastic Elizabeth Mitchell. Nonetheless, we were satisfied by her overall story (and refreshing redemption), and discuss some possible implications this might have on other villains (particularly Regina) in the overall Once Upon a Time storyline. Plus, we laughed, we cried, then we laughed some more at cursed!Regina, Snow and Charming… we wish we had the directors’ cut of that sequence! Join us for an anything-but-subtle podcast discussion of this episode.
- Welcome to the show and Southernisms and Tweets
- Our Top 5s (4:55)
- The Lighter Side (1:01:10)
- Listener Letters (1:17:40)
- News and what’s coming up on Once Upon a Time in next week’s midseason finale! (1:27:50)
- Wrap-up, be sure to tune in next week! (1:41:20)
Join us next week for what will undoubtedly be a tumultuous finale!
– Brittany and Amanda
Did you fall in love with this Once Upon a Time episode – or at least those cool mirrors and the purple curse storm clouds? In Storybrooke, everyone prepares for the curse of Shattered Sight, which fell upon the town in spectacular (and Disney-esque) fashion. Brittany wasn’t so sure about this episode, while Amanda really enjoyed the show… especially those tense and dramatic final moments.
With only 1 more episode to go between this and the Once Upon a Time season 4A finale (and we literally have no idea what’s going to happen other than some major drama in town next week), join us for discussion, speculation, news and theories to gear up for the end of the season!
- Intro, Godzilla (it’s related we promise), and our words of the week
- Our Top 5s: the things we loved and the things we are a little over (13:05)
- The Lighter Side (1:08:00)
- Listener Letters (1:23:35)
- News and what’s coming up next on Once Upon a Time (1:33:25)
- Wrapping things up (1:47:05)
Enjoy the show!
Amanda and Brittany
The epic conclusion of the season finale is here! Emma is meeting people she realizes she may care for more than she thought, we learn the baby’s name (Britt was wrong), there’s a wedding, there’s love after a long journey, and it’s never really as easy for Regina as we all hope it will be.
- We get right into it with our Top Fives (0:30)
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke (37:30)
- Listener Letters and comments (45:35)
- Excerpts from next day interviews with Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis (56:25)
- That’s a wrap! A thank you to our listeners.
Thank you all for sticking with us for 32 podcast episodes and 21 episodes of the show. We’ve had a blast this year and once we take a little vacation, can’t wait to come back this summer. You’ll be able to find us every other week until September!
If you enjoyed the podcast this season, it would really help us to know! Head over to iTunes and leave a review, or if words escape you, leave us a star rating. We appreciate it, we appreciate you all, and we hope you have a wonderful summer! See you in the fall!
– Amanda and Britt
“Kansas” transported us back to Oz where Zelena simply could not stop being a jealous troublemaker. We (briefly) met Dorothy, said hello to light magic-wielding Regina, had a beautiful Rumbelle moment that quickly turned sour and said a “wicked” goodbye. A lot happened in this episode and we attempted to break it all down and speculate what it might mean as we head into a our double-sized season finale next Sunday.
- The penultimate week of Once Upon a Time season 3 has come and gone! Plus why next week’s show should be called “Oklahoma.”
- Our Top 5s (3:30)
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke (42:10)
- Listener Letters (46:50)
- News and speculation about the finale (51:00)
- Join us again next week! (1:11:00)
Don’t forget to listen to us next week for a very exciting double-podcast episode about “Snow Drifts” and “There’s No Place Like Home”!
We plan to release next week’s double-podcast episodes about “Snow Drifts” and “There’s No Place Like Home” early, on Monday instead of Tuesday, so brace yourselves for a huge season finale podcast extravaganza!
– Britt and Amanda
Well, this Once Upon a Time episode had everything we weren’t expecting… and then some. Action-packed, emotion-filled, we flip-p(hon)ed out over it! Join us for a great conversation about everything from love and family to mommy power and of course those pesky flying monkeys and one delightfully crazy Rumple.
- Welcome to one of the last podcast episodes of season 3 (yikes)!
- Our Top 5s
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke and our rating of the episode (with a new “heart” system)
- Listener Letters
- What’s coming up next on Once Upon a Time
- Thanks for joining us and see you back here next week to discuss the penultimate Once Upon a Time episode of the season.
– Amanda and Britt
Discovering Cora’s past leads to a major realization by Snow and Regina about how they want to move forward into what future they may (or may not) have. There were so many amazing things going on in this episode: Regina and Snow had a heart to heart, Zelena and Regina had a sisterly visit, Rumplestiltskin and Zelena have a hot date, and of course a surprising kiss… we are getting very excited about how this season is going to wrap up, and also have a few thoughts and theories about how that might happen.
- Welcome to our 28th episode!
- Our Top 5s (3:45)
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke (41:10)
- Listener Letters (50:35)
- News about upcoming episodes (59:00)
- Thanks for joining us! (1:10:40)
Only three weeks left of this Once Upon a Time season… don’t forget to join us again as we discover who wins the battle of wicked vs. evil.
– Britt and Amanda
The characters have taken things a little too literally: we found out that the Wicked Witch is literally green with envy and Regina literally gave Robin Hood her heart (let’s just hope he doesn’t literally break it.) Plus, we discuss the Once Upon a Time in Wonderland series finale.
- Welcome! Plus some Captain America and Ariel on SNL
- Our Top 5s: we talked about most of the main characters and their ongoing developments, including Hook, Emma, Rumbelle, Greenie and her backstory, Rumple and of course Regina and Robin Hood. (4:20)
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke: our favourite lines and Storybrooke needs a chiropractor (46:30)
- Listener Letters (54:25)
- News (1:08:05)
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland series finale (1:16:45)
See you next week for a trip aboard the Jolly Roger!
Britt and Amanda
Edited April 8th at 4:15 pm ET: We had a small technical flaw with the audio in the episode that was uploaded earlier today. That problem has been fixed. Sorry, folks! If you downloaded the episode before this afternoon but haven’t listened to it yet, you may want to re-download the new file. – Amanda
We somehow survived a turbulent first half of season three in Neverland and were left hanging on a steep cliff in this midseason finale. So much to discuss and process about this week’s episode, so let’s get right to it!
- Our Top 5s (0:25)
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke plus our episode rating (49:40)
- Listener letters (59:35)
- Speculation about what is to come in the second half of season three *includes some spoilers (1:01:50)
- Final thoughts including what you can expect from us over the winter hiatus! PLUS Season 2 Blu-ray winner! Listen to hear if you won and then contact us at ouapodcast.com or via social media accounts within a week if you are the winner! (1:21:50)
Remember, Once Upon a Time might be on hiatus but we’re not. We’ll see you next week with another episode!
– Britt and Amanda