Time’s up: Regina is back and once again finds herself in a tragic new situation. She may finally be un-cursed, but no one else, least of which Henry, can be let in on the truth, otherwise there will be tragic consequences. (What, we don’t know. But we’re guessing, based on Regina’s expression, that it wouldn’t be good news). Plus, what part will Rumple play? This episode also allowed us to travel back to the Enchanted Forest and learn that Regina was a mentor to Ivy, which sparked a series of events that (presumably) led to the present-day cursed Hyperion Heights. Season 7 is finally shaping up with some extra intrigue and mystery, thanks to this strong OUAT television episode.
In which the Evil Queen roams around and conducts psychological warfare on the townspeople, including Regina. What else is new? Let’s talk about where season 6 is going so far and theorize a little bit about that mysterious hooded figure, the spoilery news about an upcoming arc, and the biggest mystery of the season: whether the Evil Queen will manage to flirt with everyone in Storybrooke before the season is over. Oh, and where is Belle living, anyways?
Like mother, like daughter, right? Well, maybe not. Thanks to this week’s Once Upon a Time we explore the themes of motherhood. First, another Queen of Darkness got her happy ending when Maleficent and Lily reunited. Snow and Emma mended ways (although the timing of this worries us.) And of course, the always-spectacular Cora returns in a flashback to show us more of her tenuous relationship with Regina, once again pushing Regina into her self-destructive habits. Then there’s Zelena, the Author and a barbecued date in the dungeon: so much in this episode, so let’s get started!
- Welcome to episode 70
- Top 5s
- The lighter side & listener letters
- Only one more “Twice Upon a Podcast” left (join us Thursday) and then it’s FINALE time on Sunday.
Thanks for listening and brace yourselves for that finale!
– Amanda and Brittany
So, remember that one time when the Evil Queen was hungover? This week, Once Upon a Time was filled with badass Queens of Darkness doing their thing: from games of chicken and mysterious trains to drunken nights together in a vault, hangover “cures,” dragon mojo, creepy Hooklestiltskin, sleeping curses and kidnapping puppets, this episode went places we never quite expected but didn’t actually mind. On this episode of Once Upon a Podcast, we break down every aspect of this OUAT episode in all of its glorious, over-the-top, subtext-y detail, and we respond to our many listener questions and comments in the process. Plus, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, your letters and comments and news about what is ahead in this twists-and-turns filled Once Upon a Time season. Now… let’s have some real fun.
- Welcome to the show! Here’s what we’ve been binge watching lately
- Our Top 5s (7:05)
- Listener letters (1:06:00)
- News (1:20:45)
Enjoy the party.
Brittany and Amanda
This week we are joined by guest Jakie who helps us pass the hiatus by grading the progress that Regina, Snow, Emma and Rumplestiltskin have made since season 1! Who will pass and who will fail? Then, we look over some news about the Queens of Darkness. And if you have time while listening to this massive episode, don’t forget to head over to the Podcast Awards and nominate Once Upon a Podcast for an award in the Entertainment category!
- We welcome Jakie to help us grade the progress of some Once Upon a Time characters
- A few listener tweets plus the latest news including details about Cruella, Ursula and Maleficent
- Some randomness to wrap up the episode!
We’ll see you back here in February for a Valentine’s Day themed episode about our favorite fictional couples in pop culture. There are only 2 more episodes before we get back to business with Once Upon a Time season 4B!
Amanda and Brittany
Did you fall in love with this Once Upon a Time episode – or at least those cool mirrors and the purple curse storm clouds? In Storybrooke, everyone prepares for the curse of Shattered Sight, which fell upon the town in spectacular (and Disney-esque) fashion. Brittany wasn’t so sure about this episode, while Amanda really enjoyed the show… especially those tense and dramatic final moments.
With only 1 more episode to go between this and the Once Upon a Time season 4A finale (and we literally have no idea what’s going to happen other than some major drama in town next week), join us for discussion, speculation, news and theories to gear up for the end of the season!
- Intro, Godzilla (it’s related we promise), and our words of the week
- Our Top 5s: the things we loved and the things we are a little over (13:05)
- The Lighter Side (1:08:00)
- Listener Letters (1:23:35)
- News and what’s coming up next on Once Upon a Time (1:33:25)
- Wrapping things up (1:47:05)
Enjoy the show!
Amanda and Brittany
This week’s 2 hour episode of Once Upon a Time gave us a ton to talk about, so this week we have a special podcast devoted to a long discussion centered on the show’s “heroes and villains”: Regina, Ingrid and Rumplestiltskin. We have a smashing good time solving all of the great problems on the show… and maybe even the universe. From deep discussions to silly comments, we’ll tackle it all in this massive podcast episode!
Join us for part two of the podcast next week. Once Upon a Time will be on hiatus, but we won’t! We’ll have listener letters, news and theories. Be sure to send your thoughts to us before then!
- Welcome to our 51st episode
- Our Top 5 discussions: Heroes and villains (10:55)
- The Lighter Side (1:18:05)
- We’ll be back next week with news and letters! In the meantime, a challenge for you all to give us a rating or review on iTunes and to send us your comments, questions and voicemails! (1:40:10)
Brittany and Amanda
Once Upon a Podcast celebrates its 50th episode this week with a discussion about “The Snow Queen.” What a great Once Upon a Time episode to chat about: from Ingrid’s chilling backstory, to Emma’s out of control powers in Storybrooke, Rumplestiltskin and Ingrid channel “Pinky and the Brain,” and Robin Hood makes a decision about Regina – and we are delighted with the results.
Welcome to our 50th episode and a few thoughts about our podcasting experiences
- Our Top 5s (14:35)
- The Lighter Side (56:40)
- Listener Letters (1:12:55)
- News and spoilers (1:28:20)
- A look back at 50 episodes (1:38:55)
Get ready for next week’s 2 hour Once Upon a Time extravaganza!
– Brittany and Amanda
Holy ninja snow monsters! You don’t want to miss our very comprehensive talk about what that crafty Snow Queen is up to, Snow getting her groove back, and the finer details of the relationship between Regina and Emma. Plus, discussion on whether or not the Snow Queen (Sarah FIsher? Ingrid?) is sustainable as a villain, and much, much more. As always we have listener letters, news and spoilers, and what to expect next week.
- Welcome to episode 48!
- Our top 5
- The Lighter Side, our rating, plus new poll questions! (1:04:00)
- Listener Letters (1:19:30)
- Next week on OUAT + news and spoilers (1:24:05)
- That’s a wrap! (1:33:05)
We somehow survived a turbulent first half of season three in Neverland and were left hanging on a steep cliff in this midseason finale. So much to discuss and process about this week’s episode, so let’s get right to it!
- Our Top 5s (0:25)
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke plus our episode rating (49:40)
- Listener letters (59:35)
- Speculation about what is to come in the second half of season three *includes some spoilers (1:01:50)
- Final thoughts including what you can expect from us over the winter hiatus! PLUS Season 2 Blu-ray winner! Listen to hear if you won and then contact us at ouapodcast.com or via social media accounts within a week if you are the winner! (1:21:50)
Remember, Once Upon a Time might be on hiatus but we’re not. We’ll see you next week with another episode!
– Britt and Amanda