Whoa, who saw that coming?! This week, Once Upon a Time finally revisited a part of Prince Charming’s backstory, the story of his father, which ended with an unexpected twist. Let’s talk about how Josh Dallas rocked this week’s episode and had a (well-deserved) breakdown. Hook was there to valiantly save the day and their bromance was strong until… well, it wasn’t. This week also prompted even more theorizing about the romance (or lack thereof) between Regina and Robin Hood. This show is setting up plenty of mysteries, and for better or for worse, we’re here to try to decode all of them. Plus, we talk about some news that might give hints about what OUAT has up its sleeves beyond this season.
Our second shipping expedition takes us to the story of a thief with a heart of gold and reformed Evil Queen: it’s Outlaw Queen week on Once Upon a Podcast! For the next in our series of episodes discussing the ships of Once Upon a Time, we are focusing on everything related to Robin Hood and Regina. From our top Outlaw Queen moments, quotes and theories, to whether we need to see Robin’s history, and, yes, vaults, we cover this ship from all angles. Plus, your letters about your favorite ships.
As a bonus, we are also chatting about Star Wars: The Force Awakens (including a couple of Once Upon a Time parallels) at the end of the show. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! Please don’t listen to this segment unless you’ve seen the movie (which you definitely should)!
- Welcome to our next podcast episode of the hiatus
- Our Outlaw Queen Top 5s
- Listener Letters
- News about season 5B
- Star Wars The Force Awakens: our reaction to the biggest movie of the year, including a few Once Upon a Time parallels. Please don’t listen if you haven’t seen this movie yet, there are major spoilers (starts at 1:20:40)!
We will see you again in two weeks to sail on our next ship… who will it be?
-Amanda and Brittany
Once Upon a Podcast celebrates its 50th episode this week with a discussion about “The Snow Queen.” What a great Once Upon a Time episode to chat about: from Ingrid’s chilling backstory, to Emma’s out of control powers in Storybrooke, Rumplestiltskin and Ingrid channel “Pinky and the Brain,” and Robin Hood makes a decision about Regina – and we are delighted with the results.
Welcome to our 50th episode and a few thoughts about our podcasting experiences
- Our Top 5s (14:35)
- The Lighter Side (56:40)
- Listener Letters (1:12:55)
- News and spoilers (1:28:20)
- A look back at 50 episodes (1:38:55)
Get ready for next week’s 2 hour Once Upon a Time extravaganza!
– Brittany and Amanda
In episode 37, we catch up with the fantastic Sean Maguire! Once Upon a Podcast is so pleased to have Sean on the show to answer some of our burning questions. He offers insight into how he approaches Robin Hood, chats about his life while filming in Vancouver and names the Disney film he’d like to spend the day in. Our conversation with him makes us even more excited to see what is in store for Robin in season 4 of Once Upon a Time! (Is it September yet?)
A few of our favorite moments:
- [0:55] Sean talks about life in Vancouver with the rest of the OUAT cast
- [5:40] On whether Robin Hood should form a support group with Hook and Charming for men in relationships with strong & stubborn women
- [7:50] Sean discusses his approach to the character of Robin and his relationships, including the romance with Regina
- [9:30] Some of his favorite scenes so far as Robin
- [10:50] Which famous archer would Robin Hood go to battle with?
- [11:45] Yes, it’s a question about frickle-frackle (!)
- [12:50] The Disney movie Sean would like to spend a day in
Thank you, Sean! We wish you all the best in your work on season four.
– Amanda and Brittany
Catch it on iTunes, or listen below.