Hey, Oncers! Let’s chat about Once Upon a Podcast. We have felt like we’re repeating ourselves too much lately and we’re getting a little too negative about the series. So much of what Once Upon a Time is doing with episodes right now involves characters that the series failed to get us to care about, and we find the storyline and characters’ behaviors to be nonsensical and not even worth trying to sort out. Since we don’t want to end a really wonderful 4 years of podcasting with several repetitive, negative episodes in a row, we have come up with a new game plan: we are going to do a massive episode following the Once Upon a Time series finale later this month. In that episode, we will cover everything from “Flower Child” onwards, with a focus on the finale and reflecting upon the series as a whole. Plus, as a bonus for you, we plan to do a livestream right after the finale episode on May 18th at 9pm Eastern time on Facebook. We can’t wait to talk about the finale with everyone in just a couple of weeks! In the meantime, stay in touch with us on social media, and subscribe to our podcast so you won’t miss out on an episode. – Brittany and Amanda
Whoa, who saw that coming?! This week, Once Upon a Time finally revisited a part of Prince Charming’s backstory, the story of his father, which ended with an unexpected twist. Let’s talk about how Josh Dallas rocked this week’s episode and had a (well-deserved) breakdown. Hook was there to valiantly save the day and their bromance was strong until… well, it wasn’t. This week also prompted even more theorizing about the romance (or lack thereof) between Regina and Robin Hood. This show is setting up plenty of mysteries, and for better or for worse, we’re here to try to decode all of them. Plus, we talk about some news that might give hints about what OUAT has up its sleeves beyond this season.
Once Upon a Time revisited the fact that Charming and Snow share a heart, and who better to use it against them than the Evil Queen? This week on the podcast we talk about that diabolical plot twist along with a beautiful Snow and Charming backstory that reminded us that they are the ultimate television True Love couple. Plus, Gold and Queen finally get down to business (and the fandom collectively cringes), we break down Regina’s meek new personality, and let’s talk about Zelena’s envy and Gold’s conversation with Belle.
It’s time for a little romance for Ruby on this week’s Once Upon a Time! Although it was a bit of a whirlwind, we enjoyed the sweet romance between these two iconic fairy tale characters. Meanwhile, some couples didn’t have such a happy ending: Snow and Charming and Rumplestiltskin and Belle are separated again, and we continue to ponder whether we can trust Hades or if Zelena needs to just say no to his unique tokens of love.
- Welcome back… and Britt previews some of fall’s upcoming tv pilots via a perplexing game
- Our Top 5s (9:15)
- Lighter side and listener letters (47:00
- News and a shoutout to all of the social media we hang out on (and some Snapchat lessons) (58:50)
-Amanda and Brittany
It’s our first Once Upon a Time podcast episode after the season 4 finale, and we are flashing all the way back to the show’s first season! We revisit the highs and lows of the show’s debut episodes, discussing our favorite aspects of the OUAT pilot as well as key storylines for Snow White and Prince Charming, Emma, Regina and Rumplestiltskin from our post-season 4 perspectives.
Plus, we dig into everything we’ve been watching on television during the hiatus, from zombies and horror to Mad Men, Outlander, Game of Thrones, new Netflix comedies and a Danish series called “Rita,” and hope that someone out there understands our enthusiasm.
- What we’ve been watching over the hiatus
- Our Top 5 episodes of Once Upon a Time season 1 (Summary of the season 1 episodes starting at 30:30 and our Top 5 episodes start at 40:40)
- News and what’s going on over the summer (1:30:40)
We will be releasing a brand new podcast episode on the first Tuesday of every month during the hiatus. Join us again on July 7th for our take on the 2nd half of Once Upon a Time season 1!
– Brittany and Amanda
Feeling unforgiven? Confused? Lied to? You’re not alone! Storybrooke is awash with dark secrets (and not to mention, some major sass from the Queens of Darkness themselves). This Once Upon a Time episode has proven that this season is off to a great start, with lots of villains and heroes and everything in between.
- Welcome to the second episode of OUAT 4B
- Our Top 5s (2:00)
- Lighter Side (45:00)
- Listener Letters (54:00)
- News (1:05:15)
Next week, we’ll find out who is a bad girl.
But before then, have you noticed that we have been podcasting on Thursdays? Yep, we’re doing that now! Every Thursday night, we’ll release a mini podcast episode (“Twice Upon a Podcast”) with our take on what is coming up that weekend on Once Upon a Time. Don’t miss out: be sure to subscribe so you can follow along. So, we’ll see you back here on Thursday!
-Amanda and Brittany
In our first of five hiatus podcast episodes, we review the good, bad… and awkward of season 4A. From the Frozen story to the Rumbelle bombshell (how did such a huge story last all of 2 minutes), we talked about this Once Upon a Time season’s main highs and lows. We also speculate a bit about what is to come (following tons of new news items), and chat a lot about our holidays and other things we’re watching and paying attention to over this winter season. Come on down and survive the hiatus along with us!
- Our season 4A top 5s
- The lighter side, poll questions and some holiday and New Year’s themed Q&A
- It’s a wrap! See you again in 2 weeks.
We have a couple of interesting podcast episodes planned for in January and February, so be sure to subscribe so you never miss out! See you again in two weeks, everyone, and have a great New Year!
Amanda and Brittany
Did you fall in love with this Once Upon a Time episode – or at least those cool mirrors and the purple curse storm clouds? In Storybrooke, everyone prepares for the curse of Shattered Sight, which fell upon the town in spectacular (and Disney-esque) fashion. Brittany wasn’t so sure about this episode, while Amanda really enjoyed the show… especially those tense and dramatic final moments.
With only 1 more episode to go between this and the Once Upon a Time season 4A finale (and we literally have no idea what’s going to happen other than some major drama in town next week), join us for discussion, speculation, news and theories to gear up for the end of the season!
- Intro, Godzilla (it’s related we promise), and our words of the week
- Our Top 5s: the things we loved and the things we are a little over (13:05)
- The Lighter Side (1:08:00)
- Listener Letters (1:23:35)
- News and what’s coming up next on Once Upon a Time (1:33:25)
- Wrapping things up (1:47:05)
Enjoy the show!
Amanda and Brittany
Lighten up with us as we discuss our favourite comedians of all time including some legendary SNL cast members, late night hosts and sitcom classics! Join us along with guest Josh for a lengthy discussion. Plus, as usual we talk about Once Upon a Time news, Storybrooke Q&A and question of the week, listener letters and our contest winners!
- Welcome to the episode! And our invitation to you: tell us what you want to hear us talk about in our next show!
- Meet our guest this week, Josh, who gives us the lowdown on his work at Twit.tv, some tidbits about the tech world, plus his psycho pet love bird and The Cat from Outer Space (3:10)
- We dive into our Top 5 comedy, comedians and sitcoms of all time (17:00) *On our lists: The Office, Mindy Project, Louis CK, Carol Burnett, Gilda Radner, The Nanny/Fran Drescher, late night comedians especially Jimmy Fallon and Conan, SNL and more!
- The Lighter Side: our Q&A of the week, plus last week’s poll results (2:00:00)
- Listener Letters and the latest Once Upon a Time news (2:09:00)
- Wrapping up this episode & our contest winners! (2:22:20)
Enjoy the remaining days of summer and we’ll see you back here on September 2nd.
– Brittany and Amanda
Join us and special guest Kristin as we delve into our top five television shows. This is our longest podcast we’ve ever recorded and one of the most fun. From iconic cult classic The X-Files to recent smash hit Orphan Black, reminisce with us down t.v. memory lane.
- Welcome to Kristin, fellow Once Upon a Time enthusiast!
- Our top five television shows (caution, may include spoilers) (6:25)
– Freaks and Geeks (6:50)
– Orange is the New Black (10:30)
– Sisters (21:05)
– Life (27:00)
– Short web series (including The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, Hipsterhood, Very Mary Kate, Husbands) (32:15)
– The Walking Dead (40:35)
– The West Wing (50:45)
– Gilmore Girls (56:55)
– Will & Grace (plus a shoutout to our other favorite sitcoms) (1:07:00)
– Dead Like Me (1:16:30)
– Reign (1:26:25)
– X-Files (1:39:10)
– Orphan Black (1:54:30)
– LOST (2:02:15)
- The Lighter Side: a few honorable tv mentions including Buffy, Dr. Quinn, and some childhood favorites (2:15:15)
- Listener letters, a little bit of news including Frozen casting news and Jennifer Morrison at Oz Comic Con, and what we’re into this week (2:26:30)
Songza.com can be located here!
Enjoy the show, and see you in two weeks!
Britt and Amanda
Bring it, Greenie! In a flashback, Regina meets the sister she never knew she had and it wasn’t exactly a happy family reunion, and in the present day, Emma and Regina conspire together for once and have a stakeout in Storybrooke. This episode has tears, flying monkeys and even turkeys, and we discuss it all! Plus, a record amount of listener letters for us, news, and a bonus segment about the very exciting Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
- Welcome to episode 23!
- Our Top 5s (3:30)
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke (45:10)
- Lots of your listener letters, tweets and a voice mail (53:30)
- News and a few spoilers and hints about what’s to come in upcoming episodes (1:15:20)
- Our favorite things about Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (1:26:30)
See you next week!
Britt and Amanda
This week we welcome a very funny and insightful special guest to our show: Jeff Roney from the Once Upon a Time Fan Podcast. He visited to chat about Star Wars with us (which Brittany finally watched!) but we also talk about much more, including life in the Once Upon a Time fandom and reflections on being a podcaster. Join us for a big discussion on Star Wars, myth and movies!
Afterwards, Britt & Amanda go over the many news and spoiler items that have been dropped by the cast and crew over this past week.
- We welcome Jeff to the show and chat about fandoms, Once Upon a Time, podcasting, Lost and more.
- Star Wars discussion: we talk about what we loved about the originally trilogy, why this series worked, and some comparisons between Star Wars and Once Upon a Time (Adam Horowitz is a big fan of the franchise). (31:05)
- News & spoilers: as season 3B draws closer, the show’s cast, crew and creators have dropped a lot of news and hints about what’s in store, and we spend a while chatting and speculating about some of the biggest news items. (1:30:05)
As we mentioned, unfortunately we had no time for listener letters this week because we didn’t want the show to go over 2 hours. Tune in next week when we’ll share all of your news and comments, and please keep sending in your thoughts and reactions because we love to hear them!
-Amanda and Britt
In our first podcast of 2014, we travel all the way back to season 1 and reflect on some of the major events in the Pilot through Fruit of the Poisonous Tree. We reminisce on how we fell in love with Once Upon a Time, compare the show then vs. now, and talk about some of the character development that has taken place since those early days in Fairy Tale Land and Storybrooke.
Plus, news, season three spoilers and as always, some extra chitchat!
- Intro and a bit more about how we’re passing our time over the hiatus
- Reminiscing about season 1, part 1 of Once Upon a Time (7:00)
- Listener letters (55:50)
- News and spoilers (1:03:35; spoilers at 1:07:50)
- It’s a wrap! (1:15:40)
Thanks for joining us and check back in two weeks for our season 1, part 2 discussion.
– Britt and Amanda
We somehow survived a turbulent first half of season three in Neverland and were left hanging on a steep cliff in this midseason finale. So much to discuss and process about this week’s episode, so let’s get right to it!
- Our Top 5s (0:25)
- The Lighter Side of Storybrooke plus our episode rating (49:40)
- Listener letters (59:35)
- Speculation about what is to come in the second half of season three *includes some spoilers (1:01:50)
- Final thoughts including what you can expect from us over the winter hiatus! PLUS Season 2 Blu-ray winner! Listen to hear if you won and then contact us at ouapodcast.com or via social media accounts within a week if you are the winner! (1:21:50)
Remember, Once Upon a Time might be on hiatus but we’re not. We’ll see you next week with another episode!
– Britt and Amanda
There was so much to talk about in this penultimate episode before the midseason finale next week. There were a lot of great moments to between parents and children, the reunion of family and friends, that shocking demise of Blue (and what that could mean). Of course, this episode wasn’t without its funny moments and we definitely found a few things to laugh about. Plus, speculation about what we think might happen next week if that curse really does take place – I don’t know about you, but we’re just a little freaked out about what that could mean.
1. Welcome to another episode and thank you to our listeners!
2. Our Top 5s (3:45)
3. The Lighter Side of Storybrooke and our overall episode rating (32:00)
4. Listener letters (52:55)
5. News and spoilers; note that all of the news is a little spoilery (1:13:30)
6. Closing out this episode. Remember to get in touch with your thoughts and theories and let us know what you want to hear us talk about over the winter hiatus! (1:34:05)
Britt and Amanda